Guidelines for Using Furrion Trademarks and Copyrights
Furrion Marks are valuable assets. We ask that you properly use and credit our Marks in accordance with these Guidelines. By using a Furrion Mark, you are acknowledging that Furrion is the sole owner of the Mark and promising that you will not interfere with Furrion’s rights in the Marks, including challenging Furrion’s use, registration of, or application to register such Marks, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Furrion Mark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Furrion Mark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Furrion. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. We reserve the right to amend these Guidelines at any time and solely at our discretion.
Our Marks consist of the following registered, unregistered and/or pending trademarks, service marks and logos which are subject to change without notice: Furrion, Furrion logo, Furrion device, Elysium, Furrion Lit, Living Luxury, and other designs, logos or marks which may be referred to in your specific license agreement or otherwise.
PROPER TRADEMARK USES
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship. Any permitted use must not falsely imply or suggest a sponsorship or endorsement by, or a partnership or affiliation with Furrion. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine when this condition is met or violated.
2. Use as Adjectives. Trademarks should be used as adjectives - not as nouns or verbs. Accordingly, a trademark should not be used alone. A trademark term should always be used with, and immediately precede, the generic noun that describes the product in question. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in plural or possessive form.
3. No Composite Marks. Furrion Marks must not appear to be part of any other marks (whether words or logos) or part of any other words that are used informally. Our Marks may not be used in any variations or as a design feature on your product, packaging, web page or promotional materials without obtaining prior written approval. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, if our Marks are used in connection with your mark, the use must be in a manner that distinguishes your mark from our Marks. Variations of our Marks may confuse consumers as to the source of the goods or services bearing the altered mark, and such use may infringe our trademark rights and be actionable under applicable laws.
4. Use of Capitals and Spelling. Furrion Marks should be written with the proper capitalization and spelled exactly as shown in the above list. Do not shorten or abbreviate Furrion Marks.
5. Use of Logos. Only Furrion and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Furrion logo and device in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Do not create imitations, facsimiles or reproductions of these design elements on your own. The design elements may only appear with the words, logotype, graphic elements and spacing which Furrion has previously approved for use and may not be modified, recombined or displayed in modified scenes, images or other artwork.
6. Informational Purposes. You may use a Furrion word mark in an informational context to name or describe the subject matter of an educational or informational program, to refer to Furrion product or technology, provided however that such use otherwise complies with these Guidelines and the following requirements:
a. The Furrion mark is used only in a referential context or for naming Furrion or to indicate compatibility, and not in a title of a program, domain name, website, product or service.
b. The use must not falsely imply or suggest a sponsorship or endorsement by, a license from, or a partnership or affiliation with Furrion. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Furrion, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Furrion Ltd.”
c. The use reflects favourably on Furrion and its products.
d. Any printed or online materials relating to the program must include proper attribution statements, registration symbols such as ® or © as appropriate, and a trademark attribution notice in a form that we provide or approve.
UNAUTHORISED USE OF FURRION MARKS
1. You may not use or register Furrion Marks, in whole or in part, as part of your own trademark.
2. You may not use Furrion Marks to identify non-Furrion products, services or technology.
3. You may not use Furrion Marks in a manner likely to cause confusion between products, services or technology of Furrion and those of another entity.
4. You may not use Furrion Marks in a manner that inaccurately implies that Furrion sponsors or endorses or otherwise is affiliated with your own activities, products, services or technology.
5. You may not use Furrion Marks in a disparaging manner or in connection with products, services or activities which, in our judgment, may diminish goodwill in our Marks.
6. You may not use Furrion Marks in connection with any unlawful activities or to encourage unlawful activities.
7. You may not imitate Furrion’s distinctive packaging, logos, typefaces.
8. You may not use or imitate Furrion slogans or taglines.
WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA AND DOMAIN NAME USES
1. You may not use an identical or virtually identical Furrion Mark as a principal or second level domain name.
2. The website owner should not register any domain name containing Furrion Marks and should not claim any trademark or similar proprietary rights in the domain name. Any violation of this policy may result in legal action.
3. The website should otherwise comply with domain name registry policies and applicable laws regarding trademark infringement and dilution.
4. You may not use Furrion Marks in connection with or as part of account names, profiles, avatars or handles on social media platforms.
5. The website should display a legal notice or a link that contains the following legend:
“Furrion and the Furrion logo and device are trademarks or registered trademarks licensed by Furrion Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries.”
This legend can be modified to include only Furrion Marks.
REQUESTS FOR PERMISSION
You may make limited fair use of our Marks in naming or referring to our products, services or technology, for example in a magazine article, without our permission, provided you follow these Guidelines. All other uses are prohibited except by express written permission, requested in advance, which we may grant or deny in our sole discretion. To request permission please contact Furrion’s Legal Department by email at email@example.comFurrion will attempt to evaluate requests promptly. Furrion reserves the right to refuse permission to use our Marks for any reason.
Use or reproduction of Furrion’s original works of authorship, designs, images, videos or artwork, is prohibited without prior approval from Furrion. Such materials include, but are not limited to, content and text displayed on Furrion’s website, or other documentation, photographs, diagrams, videos, and images.
If authorized, your use of Furrion’s copyrighted material must be accompanied by one of the following statements, which should be prominently displayed and reference the year/s the material was created:
“Copyright 2017 Furrion Ltd.”
“© 2017 Furrion Ltd.”
REVIEW BY FURRION AND REMEDIES
Furrion reserves the right to review all uses of Furrion Marks by others and to conduct periodic spot checks of such use. Upon request from Furrion, you must provide a copy of any product, packaging, screenshot, or other materials bearing a Furrion Mark. You must correct any deficiencies in the use of our Marks. Refusal to correct such deficiencies may result in revocation of permission to use Furrion Marks. Further, any unauthorized or improper use of Furrion Marks or works of authorship may constitute trademark infringement, unfair competition, and/or copyright infringement in violation of federal, state or international laws. Furrion reserves the right to initiate legal action relating to any third party use of its Marks or works of authorship that Furrion, in its sole discretion, deems unlawful or improper, even if such use is not expressly prohibited hereunder. Nothing in these Guidelines is intended to waive or restrict any legal rights that Furrion may have under applicable law, to grant any license, or to acquiesce in any infringing act.
For further information or guidelines regarding proper use of Furrion Marks please contact Furrion’s Legal Department - firstname.lastname@example.org